"Like a set of muscles, the brain responds to use and disuse by either growing or decaying." Breakthroughs does an extensive brain skill assessment which identifies the skills needing development.
One or more of these warning signs can dramatically affect a person’s education, work and personal life. This following list may indicate that one or more brain skills are in need of development.
- Difficulty following conversations
- Difficulty organizing yourself and your environment
- Difficulty learning new tasks
- Difficulty organizing or prioritizing work
- Memory issues
- Stress overload
- Frequent employment changes
- Difficulty with conflict
- Frequently losing keys etc.
- Difficulty staying focused and on task
- Struggle to retrieve words when speaking
- Childhood history of reading and spelling difficulties
- Continued difficulty sounding out words and spelling
- Lack of fluency when speaking or writing
- Reading requires great effort
- Extreme fatigue from reading
- Don’t read for pleasure
- Poor performance on clerical tasks
- Unusually long hours spent reading school or work related materials
- Embarrassment caused by oral reading
50% of the clients at Breakthroughs are adults. The brain’s restorative possibilities are amazing! Adults no longer have to continue to struggle.
See some testimonials of clients' success stories.